You have a swimming pool. Perhaps you already have a safety cover, but it’s time for a new one. Or, maybe you don’t have one yet.
Either way, it can be confusing sorting through mesh and solid safety covers. Which one is the best choice for your pool and your lifestyle?
In this article, we look at how to pick out a safety cover.
As summer nears an end, as a pool owner, you’re thinking about closing your pool for winter, and it’s time to get a safety cover.
With mesh and solid safety covers being the best choices for protecting your family, the decision isn’t always clear. We’ve outlined the facts on both options to help you make the best choice for you and your lifestyle.
Either way, the most trusted brand in safety covers is LOOP-LOC®, and that’s what you’ll find at Fiesta Pools and Spas.
Defining the Mesh Safety Cover
If see you next spring is your attitude when closing your pool, and you don’t want to mess with a cover, then a mesh safety cover may be the right choice for you. Our favorite? The LOOP-LOC® Super Dense Mesh Safety Cover.
Some pool owners may choose a low-maintenance approach when closing their pools for the winter. Here are some facts to help you decide if a mesh safety cover is best for you:
- Mesh safety covers allow rain and snow to seep into your pool and not collect on the cover
- These covers eliminate the need to pump water off the cover – giving you a break during the off season.
- Dried leaves and debris blow off a dry cover on windy days, so there is no need to sweep.
- There is a chance, however, that dirty water will pass through the cover if any standing leaves or debris get wet from rain or snow.
- The most work you need to do in the winter is check the water levels once in a while during the winter months to make sure they are in line with the care and maintenance instructions supplied with the cover.
- Their lighter material makes it easy to take the cover on and off.
- Having a low-maintenance pool during the winter gives you one less thing to think about.
- Following the pre-opening guidelines about chemicals can help you greatly when the time comes to open a clean pool in the warm months.
Defining the Solid Safety Cover
If you’re a pool owner who has a what you see is what you get personality and who doesn’t like surprises, then a solid safety cover may be a good choice for you. We like the ULTRA-LOC II® Solid Safety Cover by LOOP-LOC.
Here are some facts to help you in your decision:
- As the name states, the solid cover prevents any water and debris from entering your pool, keeping water clean throughout the harsh winter months when proper winterization instructions are followed.
- These “solid characteristics,” however, allow water to settle on the cover. This means you have to use a cover pump to remove any standing water.
- A solid cover keeps the sunlight out, which can slow down the growth of algae when the weather starts to heat up in the spring.
- There’s a good chance you’ll open up to a clear, clean pool, which requires little maintenance (aside from vacuuming and brushing).
- Since solid covers are heavier than mesh covers, you may need more than one person to put it on and take it off.
The choice of mesh or solid pool cover is yours. And, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing they’re both safe and offer protection for your family.
If you need a new safety cover this year, it’s the perfect time to get your LOOP-LOC Super Dense Mesh Safety Covers or ULTRA-LOC II Solid Safety Covers.
LOOP-LOC offers the strongest and most reliable swimming pool safety covers on the market for nearly 40 years. Be sure your cover is a true LOOP-LOC Safety Cover and not an imposter! We are an authorized dealer and are here to help you!
And remember, our covers are strong enough to hold an elephant!