Chicken Sausage Southwest Surprise uses tomatoes, peppers, onions, cilantro, black beans, and jalapenos to create an incredible salsa that fills you up but won’t slow you down!
Put this salsa on Johnsonville’s Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage and you’ve got a meal that’s as healthy as it is hot!
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper
- ⅓ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 Hoagie rolls
- 1 package of 12 ounce Johnsonville Chopitle Montery Jack Cheese Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 jalapenos, sliced and grilled
- Additional cilantro
Set the Big Green Egg to direct cooking at 350°F/177°C.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
Place chicken sausage on the EGG and cook evenly.
Cut bun to create a hinge. Lightly butter top and bottom of the bun. Place on the EGG, buttered side down. Grill for 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Remove roll from EGG.
Place two half slices of cheese on the bottom side of each bun. Top with ¼ cup of salsa. Place chicken sausage on salsa, top with sliced tomatoes and grilled sliced jalapenos. Sprinkle with additional cilantro.
Makes 4 servings.