You love your swimming pool, right?
Or, maybe you’ve had your pool for a good long while, and there are things about it you dislike and things you’d like to upgrade. You may want a backyard refresh. Perhaps you saw a friend’s pool and fell in love with their new pool tile or their built-in hot tub.
It may be that you need a new vinyl liner, or you want to add some additional features.
Whatever your reason, a pool remodel can make your pool feel like new again. It can upgrade your backyard while adding additional features to your swimming pool.
In this article, we look at four reasons to remodel your pool.
#1: Update Pool Features
If your pool is older, it may be time to upgrade the features. The possibilities are limitless and can include the following:
- Water features such as waterfalls, fountain bubblers or deck jets that enhance not only your pool but your entire backyard.
- Water slide – make your very own “waterpark” in your backyard.
- Hot tub – with hydrotherapy, you increase your health and wellness through heat, buoyancy and massage.
- Lighting – new LED and fiber optic lights can add ambiance to your pool. Also consider moonlighting and uplighting as well.
#2: Change the Pool Finish
Change the pool finish to drastically change the way your pool looks. Here are a few choices for you to consider:
- New pool tile – consider a new design, brighter colors or a simple, clean modern look.
- A new liner – this can update the look of your swimming pool and add texture, depth and personality to your pool.
- Surface finishes – you’ll find many options from standard white plaster to multi-colored finishes.
- Pool plaster – your color and texture options are many. Consider tinting the plaster to work with your backyard’s natural colors.
- Aggregate pool finish – pebbled looks are quite popular today.
#3: Enhance Safety
Many people choose to remodel or renovate their pool due to safety precautions.
If you added a pet or have small children, you may want to add a pool fence or safety cover. You can also look into safety equipment to update your pool so nothing gets sucked towards the pool drain.
#4: Save Money
If your pool pump is older, you may want to remodel your pool for energy efficiency reasons. You’ll find that an energy efficient, variable speed pump can use 30-45% less energy than a standard pump.
A pool cover is also another option as it can keep your pool water warmer to save energy on heating costs. A cover also reduces evaporation in the hot summer months to save you on your water bill.
Some owners want a saltwater conversion. This can save you money on chemicals in the long run.
Whatever your reason for a remodel or renovation, Fiesta Pools and Spas can help. Request a meeting with our pool design experts today and let us help you choose the best option for your family.