Keeping your pool’s pH level balanced is not only important for swimmer comfort; it also helps keep your equipment and pool finish in good condition. Swimmers may return to the pool only 15 minutes after application. You can slowly and safely reduce pH and total alkalinity with Lo N Slo.
Balance your water to prevent problems. Keeping the right balance in your swimming pool water is important. Balancers control scale, prevent metallic stains, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances. How important is pH really? Having the correct pH in your pool is crucial to your swimmers’ comfort and also protects your pool equipment and surfaces from corrosion, staining and etching. The ideal pH range is 7.4-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
- Only use when pool is not in use.
- For lowering pH and total alkalinity
- Quick dissolving and easy to measure
- Safer to store, transport and handle than liquid Muriatic acid
- Dosing: 1.5 lbs per 10,000 gallons of water
- Apply directly to water in the deep end with the pump and filter running according to the dosing chart provided on the label
- Keep pump and filter running
- Allow the pool water to recirculate for 2 hours and retest the pH.
- Repeat treatment as needed
- Newly plastered pools may require frequent treatments for the first few weeks while pool is “curing”.
- Do not add near metal fittings or allow pH to drop below 7.2.
- Break up undissolved clumps of product that may remain on the bottom of the pool.
- Pre-dissolve for application to colored plaster pools.
- 2.5 lb | 8 lb