BioGuard Back Up 2 is a highly effective algae treatment, and it is stable in sunlight and doesn’t evaporate. This product works harder as as water temperature rises, which is when you need protection the most. Back Up has a powerful surfactant/wetting agent, helping it to work in the tiny cracks and crevices where algae starts. This product doesn’t affect pH levels and is non-staining.
BioGuard Back Up® 2
- Non-staining formula prevents a wide variety of algae
- Powerful wetting agent and surfactant help it work into cracks and crevices
- Not appropriate for pools with attached spas or water features
- Can be used with the BioGuard 3-Step Care System
Prevent algae before it becomes an issue.
The addition of algicide is needed for proper pool maintenance. Sanitizers or shock/oxidizers alone may not keep algae at bay and this step is needed to keep your pool completely clear of any growth. This is the third part of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System.
Do all algicides kill algae?
Not all algicides are alike, only algicides that have been approved by the EPA for killing algae actually perform. All BioGuard products have been thoroughly reviewed and proven effective. Various kinds of algae may require different treatments to ensure they are eliminated.
Dosage for Routine Maintenance:
- 1 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water per week, or 2 fl oz per 5,0000 gallons of water every 2 weeks.
Dosage for Initial Application:
- 32 fl oz per 25,000 gallons of water.
Dosage for Vacation Application:
- 4 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water for every week unattended.
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly.
- Adjust the pH to between 7.2-7.6.
- Adjust chlorine residual to 1-3 ppm. In a chlorinated pool.
- Add stabilizer to establish a minimum stabilizer level of 30-40 ppm to reduce the damaging effects of sunlight upon the chlorine residual
- Check for metals and if present, add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Check chlorine residual and adjust to 1-3 ppm. When using other products as outlined in directions for this product.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Initial Application or When Pool Water is Changed:
- Pour 32 oz. directly into pool per 25,000 gallons of water.
- For weekly application intervals, use 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water. For two week application intervals, use 2 oz. per 5,000 gallons of water every other week.
- Following heavy rain showers, add an additional 1 oz. per 5,000 gallons.
- Add 4 oz. of this product per 5,000 gallons for every week unattended. Pour product around the edges of the shallow end of the pool if shock is also being applied in the deep end of the pool.