BioGuard Algae All 60 treats stubborn algae growths in chlorine or bromine pools. It is non-foaming and non-staining. This product is effective on all types of algae and works in all pH ranges. Algae All 60 will not affect pH level.
BioGuard Algae All 60
- Excellent for use with pools with attached spas or fountains
- Works in chlorinated or brominated pools
- Prevents all types of algae
- Can be used with the BioGuard 3-Step Care System
Prevent algae before it becomes an issue.
The addition of algicide is needed for proper pool maintenance. Sanitizers or shock/oxidizers alone may not keep algae at bay and this step is needed to keep your pool completely clear of any growth. This is the third part of the BioGuard 3-Step Pool Care System.
Do all algicides kill algae?
Not all algicides are alike, only algicides that have been approved by the EPA for killing algae actually perform. All BioGuard products have been thoroughly reviewed and proven effective. Various kinds of algae may require different treatments to ensure they are eliminated.
Dosage for Routine Maintenance:
- 2-3 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
Dosage for Light Algae Growth:
- 11-17 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
Dosage for Initial Treatment of Clean Pools:
- 6-11 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
- Ensure all equipment is working properly.
- Backwash the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust the pH to between 7.2-7.6.
- In chlorinated systems, add stabilizer to establish a minimum stabilizer level of 30-40 ppm to reduce the degradative effects of sunlight upon the chlorine residual.
- Check for metals and if present add a stain and scale inhibitor to prevent staining of pool surface due to metals.
- Adjust chlorine residual to 1-3 ppm. When using other products as outlined in directions for this product, always follow directions on those products.
- For pools having light algae growth, pour the initial dose of 11-17 oz. per 10,000 gallons of water directly into pool.
- Remove settled algae debris by cleaning.
- For treatment of a freshly cleaned and filled pool, pour the initial dose of 6-11 oz. per 10,000 gallons of water directly into pool.
- Additions of 2-4 oz. of this product per 10,000 gallons of water should be made every 5-7 days after initial treatment for maintenance.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.