BioGuard Brominating Tablets are a soluble sanitizing alternative to chlorine designed for use in brominators.
Bromine typically dissolves slower than chlorine, so this way of sanitization may require less maintenance. Also, because bromine causes fewer odors than chlorine, it’s ideal for indoor pools. These bromine tablets are effective in a wide range of pH levels and provide continuous killing of bacteria. Recommended for pools with recurring algae problems.
- Ideal sanitizer for indoor pools, highly effective for above-ground and in-ground pools
- Excellent alternative to chlorinating products
- Applied through a brominator
- Chlorine-free alternative
- Ensure all pool equipment is working properly. Backwash the filter system following manufacturers directions.
- Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6. When using other products as outlined in directions for this product, always follow directions on those products.
- A bromine or chlorine residual of 1-2 ppm must first be established in the pool. If the residual is establish with this product in a brominator, use the brominator at the highest feed rate following manufacturers recommendations.
- When the bromine residual reaches 1-2 ppm, adjust the feeder accordingly. To maintain bromine residual, adjust the brominator feed rate to assure a constant treatment level of 1-3 ppm in residential pools, and 3-5 ppm in commercial pools.
Regular use of a test kit or test strips is necessary to maintain a bromine residual in the pool water.