BioGuard Anti Foam is an excellent way to remove bothersome foam buildup in your pool, spa, hot tub or ornamental fountain, leaving your water crystal clear in seconds.
Anti Foam’s powerful liquid formula neutralizes it quickly and can be used multiple times on especially heavy buildup without fear of any adverse reactions.
BioGuard Anti Foam
- Easy-to-use, fast-acting formula
- Doesn’t affect pH
- Swimming can resume quickly after application
- Works well with all sanitizer types and all pool surfaces
What is foaming?
Foam can be caused by applying a foaming algicide in pools with jetted returns, attached spas or water features. Foaming can also be caused by a foreign contaminant such as lotions, soaps, oil, and other organic compounds left by swimmers entering the pool or the build up or organic contaminants in the pool water. Foam should dissipate over time, but the use of anti-foaming agents will help clear the foam much more rapidly.
To eliminate foaming:
- Apply Anti Foam to get rid of foam quickly
- Add Pool Tonic to remove contaminants that may be causing the foam
To prevent foaming:
- Switch to non-foaming algicide such as Algae Complete or Banish
- Shock/oxidize routinely
- 2 fl oz per 5,000 gallons of water.
- 1 tsp per 200 gallons of water.
Use two ounces of this product per 5,000 gallons of water to prevent and eliminate foaming in swimming pools. Use one teaspoon of this product per 200 gallons of spa or hot tub water to prevent and eliminate foaming in water. The amount of this product required depends on the conditions of the tub or pool and the amount of foam present. Repeat this dose as needed to control the foam. Once this product is introduces, the effect on the foam should be immediate. Large quantities may be required where tubs or pools have been vandalized by the addition of soaps or detergents.