SpaGuard Total Alkalinity Increaser raises total alkalinity in spa water.
Low total alkalinity can cause spa water to be corrosive to metal causing straining, etching or distorting of spa surfaces.
Proper alkalinity reduces “pH bounce” by buffering the water against undesirable pH changes. Total alkalinity should be maintained in the range of 125-150 ppm (parts per million).
SpaGuard Total Alkalinity Increaser provides spa owners with a simple, effective treatment to combat too low spa alkalinity, which if left untreated can cause corrosion damage, weaken your sanitizers ability to keep your spa clean, and cause skin and eye irritation. Total Alkalinity Increaser’s formula reverses these affects, as well as stabilizing your spas pH level to prevent pH bounce that can give spa owners headaches. Once applied, you can spend more time enjoying you spa rather than maintaining it.
Balance your water to prevent problems. SpaGuard spa water balancers control scale, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances. Keeping the right balance of your spa water is necessary. How important is pH really? Having the correct pH level in your spa is crucial to your soakers’ comfort and also protects your equipment from corrosion and scale. The ideal pH is 7.2-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
- Eliminates “pH bounce” by balancing total alkalinity
- Helps to prevent equipment damage due to low pH
- Helps to prevent surface corrosion damage due to low pH
- Dosing: 1 tbsp per 100 gallons raises total alkalinity 25 ppm
- Use an accurate test method to determine alkalinity of water
- Use chart on bottle and alkalinity test results to determine the required dosage
- Alkalinity level should be kept between 125-150 ppm
- Pour directly into water with pump on high for 30 minutes
- 32 oz. (2 lbs) – 907 mL