BioGuard Balance Pak 300 is a calcium hardness increaser. This product boosts calcium hardness to help prevent equipment corrosion, etching of plaster and wrinkling of liners.
It has a unique palletized formulation which means faster dissolving and less cloudiness. Low calcium hardness can cause staining, etching, or distorting of the pool’s finish. Plaster etched by low calcium hardness will become abrasive and uncomfortable for swimmers. Rough plaster also increases algae problems and makes cleaning more difficult. It is important to keep your pool water balanced in order to get the most effective use out of your chemicals.
Balance your water to prevent problems. Keeping the right balance in your swimming pool water is important. Balancers control scale, prevent metallic stains, adjust pH and total alkalinity and correct mineral imbalances.
How important is pH really? Having the correct pH in your pool is crucial to your swimmers’ comfort and also protects your pool equipment and surfaces from corrosion, staining and etching. The ideal pH range is 7.4-7.6. If the pH is too high or too low it can cause those pesky red, itchy eyes!
- Raises calcium hardness levels
- Unique formation with quick dissolving and less cloudy application
- Protects pool equipment from corrosion
- Protects against plaster etching and wrinkling of liners
- Dosing: 4 lbs per 10,000 gallons of water
- 4 lbs of product will raise calcium hardness levels by 40 ppm
- Add directly to pool, do not pre-dissolve
- Scatter dose over water surface
- Brush undissolved granules off pool surfaces
- Available in 5.5 lb or 18 lb