Spaghetti Pot Pie on the Big Green Egg. This is a version of the famous Chicago Pizza Pot Pie! We think you’ll love it as much as we do!
1 Slice of Provolone
Half bulb of Cheese
1 Cup of cooked angel hair pasta
3/4 Cup of homemade tomato sauce (you can use it out of a jar, if you have to)
1/4 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
Grated Parmesan Romano cheese
1 EGG (chicken egg)
Chopped fresh basil
Salt & Pepper
Dough (1 lb dough ball will make 4 servings) – use prepared pizza dough or make your own
1. Set up Big Green EGG for indirect cooking (with convEGGtor) at 425ºF
2. Spray ramekin inside and out with cooking spray.
3. Place 1 slice of provolone at the bottom
4. Start to layer by adding half bulb of cheese
5. Dump 1 cup of cooked angel hair
6. Pour 3/4 cup of homemade tomato sauce
7. Add 1/4 Cup of ricotta cheese
8. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Romano cheese, salt and pepper.
Now dust a surface with flour and roll out the dough into the shape of a pizza. Then cut out a circle 1 inch bigger than the size of the ramekin. Place that on top of the of the ramekin covering the food inside and make sure it hangs about half way down the sides.
Brush the top with an egg wash and vent the dough with the tip of a knife.
Place in the center of the EGG and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Once the pot pie is done let cool a couple of minutes, flip and remove ramekin with a fork. Then top with extra sauce, grated cheese and basil.
Each ramekin can serve 1-2 people, so make enough ramekins for the entire family. If you have multiple ramekins on the EGG make sure you separate them about an inch apart so the dough can rise without them sticking to each other.
Recipe and photo from Big Green Egg and Bel Gioioso.