Did you know that traditionally the last Saturday of April is National Pool Opening Day? That means this year it is Saturday, April 24.
We’ve found that while not everyone opens their pool this weekend, this is the perfect opportunity to get prepared! Whether it’s buying a new pool heater, getting your pool chemicals, purchasing a new pool cleaner, or getting your water tested, this is a great weekend to do so.
Why? In Oklahoma, May is sure to be a warm month, and we’re already to swim! Are you?
What is National Pool Opening Day?
You might be wondering just what this special day is. It’s the time when pool owners throughout the greater Tulsa area get their swimming pools ready for the summer. At Fiesta Pools and Spas we like to open ours now for two reason: it looks great, and with our pool heaters, we’re ready to swim!
Now that it’s time to move your swimming pool out of its winter hibernation, let’s look at some things you can do on National Pool Opening Day:
- Once you take your pool cover off, it’s time to bring us a water sample. It’s a good idea to test the water within 24 hours of opening your pool, after its had a chance to circulate.
- We offer FREE water testing through our computerized Alex system. Bring us your sample, we’ll test your water, and give you a printout of what your pool needs. Balancing your water at this time is very important.
- It’s key to sanitize your pool before your swim it.
- Check your pool equipment. Make sure everything is working as expected.
- Get out your pool toys and accessories and make sure they’re clean and ready for use.
- Need help? Stop by – we are here to answer all your questions. We are also happy to put you on our pool opening schedule for later this spring.
Here are few more tips for a successful pool opening day:
Inspect the Pool Equipment
You’ve checked your pool water, now it’s time to look at your deck, equipment, etc. Here are some things to check over:
- Check your pool cover for damage.
- Attend to your filter system and drain plugs.
- Test your pump motor.
- Check your pool lights.
- Look over your filter, pump, heater, and chlorinator.
- Check over your pool cleaner.
- Look over skimmer baskets, etc.
- Check your pool lights.
Have questions? Let us know!
Conduct a Chemical Inventory
This Saturday, pull out your pool chemicals and see if you have what you need for your pool opening and for the summer season. If not, you can shop online or in-store at either Fiesta location.
Every pool is different, so your needs depend on the state of your pool. The best way to gauge what you need is with a free water test.
Happy National Pool Opening Day
We wish you a happy, successful pool opening day this Saturday. May your water be crystal clear, and we hope you don’t run into any issues. If you do, give us a call!
We love opening our pools in April and early May. First, if you have a pool heater, you can start swimming right away. Second, it gives you time to get your chemical balance right and any issues around the pool fixed before Memorial Day.
If you have any questions or need service, please give us a call or text or contact us today! Happy swimming!