SpaGuard Chlorinating Concentrate provides spa owners with the sanitizing power of chlorine in a quick-dissolving granular form, making application quick and easy.
Simply add to spa water while the pump is running. It dissolves completely to start disinfecting your spa. Chlorinating Concentrate is also pH neutral to ensure no affect on your chemically-balanced spa water. This concentrate can be used in regular doses as a sanitizer, and in shock doses as an oxidizer.
Killing bacteria is key to spa maintenance. In a spa, sanitizers are added to control the growth of bacteria and algae. The warm water environment of the spa is conducive to growth, making sanitization essential to having a clean spa that is suitable for bathers.
Although the chemical reactions that occur to sanitize a spa are the same as in a pool, the reactions in a spa happen at a much faster rate. Chemicals become more reactive and tend to be used up more quickly than in a pool, requiring frequent chemical additions to maintain proper sanitizer residuals.
- Fast-acting, quick-dissolving granular
- Easy to use, no pre-dissolving needed
- Acts as a sanitizer and an oxidizer; no need for two products
- Apply directly to water while the pump is running
- pH neutral to ensure chemically balanced spa water
- Acts as sanitizer in regular doses
- Acts as an oxidizer in shock doses
- Dosing: 1 tsp per 200 gallons for initial treatment
- Repeat every 15-20 minutes until 3-5 ppm level is reached
- Do not enter a spa with chlorine levels over 5 ppm
- Available in 2 lb (907 g) or 5 lb (2.26 kg)